November 21st, 2011
Celebrating the spirit of the holidays, CMT Canada has released their first ever holiday compilation. Featuring some of the industries finest musicians, CMT’s “Gift of Giving”is much more than just a regular CD, it’s a CD with a message.
Distributed by Sony Music Canada and in association with CMT Canada’s parent company, Corus Entertainment, the “Gift of Giving” holiday compilation sets out to bring awareness about hunger in Canada.
“It’s heartbreaking that there are so many folks facing the issue of hunger in our country,” said Juno Award winning artist, George Canyon. “I am so honoured to be a part of this initiative which helps families in need to put food on their table. After seeing the work they do first hand, I applaud the food banks for the important service they provide.”
Featuring holiday music by George Canyon, Chantal Kreviazuk, Johnny Reid, Rascal Flatts, Dean Brody, Gord Bamford, Darius Rucker, Chad Brownlee, Luke Bryan, Sugarland, Barenaked Ladies, Great Big Sea, Jimmy Rankin, Carolyn Dawn Johnson and Kira Isabella, a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the CD will go towards Canadian food banks through Corus Entertainment’s community giving initiative Corus Feeds Kids.
In addition, CMT Canada will also air a “Gift of Giving” television special exploring the issue of hunger in Canada. Hosted by George Canyon, the special will feature performances and interviews by some of the artists appearing on the “Gift of Giving” compilation.
“We are thrilled to partner with George Canyon and honoured that so many musical artists, across diverse genres, are as dedicated as we are to raising awareness about hunger in Canada,” said Ted Ellis, Vice President, Kids and Family Programming. “Our hope is that the Gift of Giving special and compilation CD will inspire viewers to reflect on the issue and to give more generously this holiday season.”
The “Gift of Giving” holiday special will air on CMT Canada on Thursday, December 1st at 8pm ET/5PT. For more information about the CD, television special or to purchase your own copy of CMT’s “Gift of Giving”, please visit http://www.cmt.ca/show/gift-of-giving/.
CMT CANADA Airdates:
- Thursday, December 1 at 8pm ET/5PT and 12am ET/9PT
- Saturday, December 3 at 9am ET/6PT, 1pm ET/10PT and 10pm ET/7PT
- Sunday, December 4 at 7pm ET/4PT
- Tuesday, December 6 at 6pm ET/3PT and 11pm ET/8PT
- Friday, December 9 at 9pm ET/6PT
- Sunday, December 11 at 10pm ET/7PT
- Thursday, December 15 at 8pm ET/5PT and 12am ET/9PT
- Friday, December 16 at 1am ET/10PT
- Saturday, December 17 at 9am ET/6PT
- Sunday, December 18 at 10am ET/7PT
- Monday, December 19 at 4pm ET/1PT
- Thursday, December 22 at 11pm ET/8 PT
- Friday, December 23 at 7pm ET/4 PT
- Saturday, December 24 at 8pm ET/5PT
- Sunday, December 25 at 7pm ET/4PT
- Sunday, December 18 at 2pm ET/11PT
- Tuesday, December 20 at 9pm ET/6PT
W Network Airdates:
- Saturday, December 10 at 1pm ET/10PT